A day in the life of our Coeliac Specialist
22 Mar 2016
A day in the life of Stephanie
Have you ever wondered what a typical day in the life of our holistic health practitioners involves? Sometimes it’s not all about kale and yoga! A healthy lifestyle is very important to us, but we want to show you that you can live a holistic lifestyle whilst enjoying all that life has to offer. We asked Stephanie (our Naturopath/Nutritionist and Coeliac Specialist) a few questions that give us some insight into her world and her beliefs about wellness.
What is your wellness philosophy?
My wellness philosophy is listen to your body and look after it. Every person is unique so I believe in individualised and holistic natural medicine. I have a strong focus on preventative medicine and nourishing our bodies for the future.
“Take care of your body, it’s the only place you have to live!”
Describe your morning ritual
My morning ritual involves dry skin brushing to boost my lymphatic system before hopping in a warm shower. I then enjoy a lemon, turmeric and ginger tea before breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and shouldn’t be rushed so mine is always something nourishing.
What is your guilty food pleasure?
My guilty food pleasure without a doubt a cheese platter!
What’s at the top of your bucket list?
Going to the top 5 health retreats around the world.
What’s your favourite dish to cook for family and friends?
My favourite dish to prepare at the moment is a colourful, superfood salad, adding some grilled prawns and enjoying it alfresco on a warm night. I’ll always throw a mango or some grilled peaches into a salad over summer too.
Week of eating as a Coeliac
My diet is not only strictly gluten free and made mostly from scratch with wholefoods but is filled with therapeutic nutrients too!
- My gut healing anti-inflammatory caramel smoothie
- A mushroom omelette with smashed avo, sauerkraut and roast tomatoes
- Home made super-food granola with fresh berries and coyo
- Quinoa porridge topped with chopped nuts and sliced banana
- Chia puddings
- Acai bowls
- Over-night quinoa bircher jars
- Quinoa and roast vegetables
- Fresh tuna nicose salad
- Vietnamese chicken slaw
- Tuna, rocket and brown rice
- Sushi and sashimi if on the go
- Baked miso salmon with Asian greens
- Zucchini bolognaise
- Roast chicken and veggies
- Mexican chilli con carne with guacamole
- Stuffed capsicums
- Seafood curry
- Gluten free Fish taco’s
- Sardines and avocado on sprouted gluten free loaf
- Superfood smoothies
- Superfood protein balls
- Homemade beetroot hummus and vegetables
- Nuts and seeds
- Bone broth or miso soup
- Rice paper rolls
- Organic Edemame beans
- Dates filled with nut butter
- Matcha green tea
- The whole luxton organic herbal tea range
- 2L of water per day minimum
- Homemade chai and almond milk lattes
- Turmeric almond milk lattes
- Home made cold pressed juices
Do you need more guidance on your wellness journey?
Book an appointment with one of our practitioners here