Creamy pumpkin & turmeric soup
By Steph Gobbo (Naturopathy & Nutritionist)
This delicious pumpkin soup recipe is gluten free, dairy free, anti-inflammatory, gut healing and immune boosting. The perfect Winter addition!
- ½ Jap pumpkin diced
- ½ Butternut pumpkin diced
- 1 large sweet potato diced
- 1 large brown onion chopped into large chunks
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 tin of organic coconut milk
- 500ml of organic vegetable stock
- 2 cups of beef bone broth
- 1 teaspoon of powdered turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons of freshly grated ginger
- Pinch or two of dried chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lime wedges and fresh coriander to serve.
Preheat oven to 180
Place chopped pumpkin, sweet potato, onion and garlic onto a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 1/2 an hour until soft.
In a large pot, warm stock, coconut milk and bone broth. Add all herbs and spices and stir. Add in roasted vegetables.
Simmer for 15 minutes.
Place warm mixture into a large blender or use a stick blender to blitz all the vegetables into a liquid.
Place back into pot and cook for another 10 minutes.
Serve in a bowl with freshly squeezed lime and coriander and enjoy!