Cacao Chocolate Pieces
By Naturopath Stephanie
Makes 10-20 pieces
- 1⁄4 cup of cacao butter
- 3⁄4 cup of raw cacao powder
- 1⁄2 cup of coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoon of chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoon of chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoon of goji berries
On a stove, melt the coconut oil and cacao by placing a glass bowl on-top of a small pot of simmering water. Stir well until melted but lukewarm.
Add the cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla essence and a pinch of salt and stir well until a chocolate liquid forms.
Take off the heat. Stir in half of the chopped nuts and goji’s.
Pour the mixture into a rectangular baking tray lined with baking paper.
Sprinkle remaining nuts and goji’s on top for a pop of colour. Place into the freezer for half an hour to set.
When ready to serve, snap bark into triangle pieces